Ant Exterminator St Louis
If you have an ant infestation in your home, the Ant Exterminators at Pure Pest can help! Call (314) 644-8734
Ants are tiny scavengers that can wreak havoc in your home. Ants are one of the most common pest problems addressed by our St Louis exterminators, and often one of the most complex. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and different species require specialized plans.
Ants can make their way in to your home through the tiniest of cracks in order to gain access to moisture and available food sources. These creatures can feed off anything, right from a moldy piece of furniture to the fresh fruits lying on your dining room table.
- Ants make their way into homes through tiny cracks in doors and windows.
- The scout ants leaves behind a scent trail for the colony to follow once the food source has been located.
- Ants can build a nest anywhere in or around homes.
- Some ant colonies can have over 5,000,000 ants.
- The queen can live as long as 30 years and worker ants normally live for around 7 years.
- DIY ant extermination methods work only on the visible ants, but there could be thousands of others hidden in cracks and crevices.
An ant infestation requires a multi-dimensional extermination approach. While there may be hundreds of ants visible, there may be thousands of others waiting in a nest outside the home. Our exterminators not only destroy the ants that are visible, we track the colonies back to their nest and then take out the reserves with them. The idea is to eradicate the problem from root.
St Louis Ant Species
In order for an ant exterminator to effectively eradicate ants from your home or commercial building, they have to first identify the species they are dealing with. There are thousands of species of ants, however, there are four that are most commonly found in St Louis:
Red imported fire ants: These small ants cause a painful bite. They build large mounds in the ground around homes.
Carpenter ants: These are normally 6 to 12 mm in length and as the name suggests, they can be found burrowed in damp wood where they build their nest. Largest of the common ant species. These ants are normally about a half inch long. They are usually black and sometimes are found in shades of red.
Pavement ants: These ants are normally found living inside the cracks in your driveway, foundation, or concrete patio. Pavement ants are very small, less that 1/4 of an inch. They don’t move very fast and are normally black or brown.
Pharaoh ants: Commonly found in restaurants, hospitals, and apartment buildings, these ants can transmit some infectious diseases such as staph. Pharaoh ants are also very small, about 1/8 to 1/16 of an inch. Their color varies from reddish to light tan.
How to Get Rid of Ants?
Ants are a major nuisance to homeowners and ant control is a subtle art. Good hygiene must be kept to eliminate food sources, but it does not achieve complete ant control.
One of the most frequent questions ant exterminators hear is “How to Get Rid of Ants in the House?” No one wants to share their home with these unwanted, pesky critters!
Several approaches must be taken to exercise ant control—a combination of:
- good sanitation
- removing pheromones
- caulking entry points
- destroying active nests.
When it comes to getting rid of ants from homes and commercial buildings, we are the experts you can count on! Our qualified exterminators know where to look for ant nests and how to identify the various species. Armed with this knowledge, and our elimination methods, we can help take care of your St Louis ant problem!
Ant Control St Louis
Our team of experienced exterminators is fully trained in identification and ant control. We can quickly develop a plan to rid your home of these unwanted pests.
Some of our methods include:
- Baits – These are helpful in getting rid of indoor ants, but the nest outside must be sprayed with insecticide. We also seal all cracks and crevices and scrub around entry points with detergent to eliminate pheromones, after which we spray a residual insecticide around them.
- Nest Destruction – The most direct way to get rid of indoor ants is to locate and destroy the nest.