Bed Bug Treatments St. Louis
Pure Pest offers effective, powerful and customized bed bug treatments that kill bed bugs where they thrive and breed.
We work effectively and quickly with as little disruption as possible.
If you have bed bugs biting you at night, you want them gone as soon as possible. At Pure Pest we understand this, and have become experts in bed bug treatment: Finding them, removing them, and also preventing them.
Bed bugs are reddish-brown, flat, oval insects up to 4-5 mm long. They appear red and swollen after a meal. They feed only on blood, and in cold temperatures, they can go without food for up to a year. They prefer to be active (feeding on their host) at night when the host is asleep.
Bed bugs are not easily found by the average person. They often hide in cracks and crevices, in sheets, mattress seams, electrical outlet plates, behind baseboards, and picture frames. They often piggyback traveler’s luggage and spread to other places.
It is therefore best to have a professional inspect your home or building. At Pure Pest, we preform a thorough inspection of your home and determine the best bed bug treatment plan to move forward with.
How serious is the problem?
A bed bug can lay 200-500 eggs in the lifetime. With an adequate food supply and under a normal temperature, they can live for more than 300 days, and create a host of problems for you including:
- Disease: Bed bugs can carry disease, however they are not known to transmit infections to people.
- Bed bug bites: Different people may react differently to bed bug bites. While some may just get a red rash, others may experience severe itching, and even an allergic reaction to bed bug bites.
How Do I Know if I Have Bed Bugs?
If there are any bites on your skin that you cannot explain, it might a clear sign of bed bugs. These bites appear as red bumps, or sometimes as a red rash that is itchy. These rashes are normally not dangerous, but they are annoying. If you do not take care of the bed bug problem soon, they will keep reproducing and the infestation will only become worse.
St. Louis has had a difficult time achieving effective bed bug control—especially in hotels on a larger scale. Pure Pest often uses a combination of the described methods for more successful results.
We will get rid of your bed bug infestation with safe and minimal use of chemicals. Because of the proximity of humans to the infested areas, we take extra precautions to avoid any toxicity or allergies developing in our customers.
How To Get Rid of Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs multiply quickly, so it is necessary to detect them early in order to prevent a larger infestation. Pure Pest follow an integrated approach that involves assessing the property, implementing solutions, and then monitoring any bed bug problems that may re-emerge.
Some of our methods include:
- Chemical Management – Bed bugs have become very resistant to pyrethroid insecticides, so proper chemical management is very important.
- Steam Treatment – This is effective but the temperature must reach 150 to 170 degrees. It is labor-intensive, tedious and time-consuming.
- Vacuuming – Vacuuming is effective but it must be done consistently and must be complemented by use of pesticides.
It is possible that several treatments may be required, and our bed bug technicians will do everything they can do to get rid of them and prevent their return.