The Best Mosquito & Tick Control in St. Louis
Mosquitoes are not only a nuisance, but also bring the threat of diseases like West Nile Virus. At Pure Pest, we are proud to offer mosquito and tick control services to significantly reduce activity so you can enjoy their outdoor space, and more importantly avoid bites and risk of disease.
Mosquito Control That’s Guaranteed
Our team will assess the problem, and treat breeding areas (most often areas with standing water, like gutters and bird baths) with products specifically designed to control mosquito larvae for extended periods of time.
We use a premium product made by Syngenta that is rated to last 30 days, even in rainy conditions, with a 60% - 90% reduction in mosquitoes on your property. Some mosquito providers may need to come out every 21 days because their product is rated for a shorter time frame.
Customer experience and safety is our priority, so we recommend that people and pets avoid treated areas for 2-3 hours after treatment. Although the product dries quickly, waiting 2-3 hours allows for the product to adhere and cure to the treated surface. This will also reduce any chances that your pet will pick up any material on their paws. Our product is Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved. Our technicians will also avoid honeybee populations along with the flowers they pollinate.
Our Commitment to You
Although nothing can completely eliminate every mosquito from your property, we guarantee you won't be bothered by mosquitoes between treatments. But, if you are still having issues within 30 days of your treatment, we will come back out and re-assess your property. If necessary, we will re-treat at no additional charge.
Mosquito Prevention Tips
In addition to mosquito treatments, there are some things you can do around your home and yard to help eliminate mosquito activity.
- Get Rid of Standing Water
Breeding areas are most often areas with standing water, as mosquitoes require water to breed. A mosquito can breed in a body of water the size of a thimble, so it is important to take steps to reduce any standing water in your yard.
- Keep gutters clean
- Empty outdoor toys, outdoor gear or any objects that have collected water
- Change the water in kiddie pools and birdbaths weekly
- Turn over large objects that can catch water after a rainfall
- Repair outdoor faucets if they are leaking
- Improve drainage to low lying areas of your yard where ponding may occur
- Maintain your lawn
Mosquitoes gravitate towards tall grass because it is cooler and damp. Reduce your mosquito population by trimming vegetation near the home and mowing your lawns regularly.
- Mosquito-repelling plants
Citronella is the most commonly used natural mosquito repellants. Some other plants to use as repellants are Lavender, Marigolds and Catnip.
Mosquito Reduction Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: How is the product applied?
- A: The product is applied using specialized equipment that allows for thorough coverage of shady areas, on and underneath leaf surfaces, and other known mosquito resting sites.
- Q: How often should I have this treatment performed?
- A: Typically, we like to treat every 30 days during the growing season.
- Q: Does this treatment ensure that no one will contract any mosquito borne diseases or illnesses while on my property?
- A: No, this treatment does not promise to prevent mosquito borne illnesses of any kind. We do promise that we can reduce the population of mosquitoes that are living, breeding, and resting on your property.
- Q: Is this product safe for animals?
- A: Once the product is completely dry, there is very little risk to animals. We recommend that people and pets stay away from treated areas for a minimum of 3 hours after treatment
- Q: What type of results can I expect?
- A: You can expect a 60% - 90% reduction in mosquitoes on your property. Our goal is for you to see a noticeable difference in mosquito activity. We pride ourselves in providing you with the ability to spend and enjoy quality time in your backyard. We still recommend applying a skin repellent such as “Deet” for maximum protection. Keep in mind that mosquitoes can breed, fly, or be blown in from many miles away even though your property is treated. No treatment will be perfect.
To schedule work or get a quote, complete the form below or call 314-222-PEST today.