Although there may not be visible, direct evidence of termites in your home, these pests can be causing extensive damage without you knowing. At Pure Pest, we recommend checking for signs of termites and booking a termite inspection to prevent the infestation as early as possible.
Common indicators and signs of termite infestation include:
- Droppings: Termite droppings resemble coffee grounds or sawdust and are hexagonal in shape. The color is wood-like.
- Evidence of Swarms: Swarmers are present around firewood, mulch, and stumps. They are found near light sources. While it is not a sign of active infestation, it is a warning signal of impending infestation.
- Mud tubes: These mud tubes extend over support piers, floor joists, or walls, and are used for termites to travel from underground colonies to their feeding grounds.
- Damaged wood: When termites cause damage to wood, it appears as a honeycomb interior.
- Live termites: Any presence of live termites in and around the house is a sure sign, but the problem is that it is difficult to spot termites because they generally remain inside their colonies and within wood. A professional termite control expert can help identify the presence of live termites.
Termites can be a major issue because you cannot generally see them or the damage they caused until it is too late. It’s better to be safe rather than sorry, so contact Pure Pest today to schedule a termite inspection for your property immediately.
Termite Damage Costs
Annually, termites cost $5 billion in damages in properties across the United States. Additionally, in total, residents spend billions of dollars on termite prevention and treatment. According to some estimates, an average home suffers approximately $7,900 in damages before an infestation is detected. To make matters worse, your homeowner’s insurance may not cover these damages and restoration costs.
Therefore, it is important to frequently check for termite indicators and schedule an appointment immediately if you find signs of termites in your home.
Schedule a Termite Inspection Today
The only way to prevent spending thousands of dollars on termite damage is to detect and stop the infestation as quickly as possible. If you suspect any termite activity in or around your property, you should immediately schedule a home inspection. Do not attempt to remove the termites yourself; this can cause a growth in infestation and more damages to your property.
Our termite experts will complete a thorough inspection to ensure your home is safe from pests. If termites are detected, we will immediately construct a plan to stop the infestation and reduce any further damage to your home. Our team has professional training and expertise to repair termite infestation and answer all your questions effectively.
Pure Pest is available for termite inspections for residential and commercial properties in St. Louis. We will remove the termite infestation with safe and minimal use of chemicals.
To schedule an inspection or to receive a quote, complete the form below or call 314-222-PEST today.